10 April 2012
Electron opens new factory
Electron Technical Solutions has opened a second, 28,000 sq ft factory, in order to increase capacity for customers such as Jaguar Land Rover.
The company, which is one of the leading plastic painting businesses in the UK, has been enjoying steady growth for a number of years and demand from manufacturers such as Jaguar Land Rover has made it essential to expand production capacity.
The new factory is adjacent to the companyâ€™s current Runcorn facility.
Electronâ€™s growth over the years is shown by the following brief history.
- Electron formed in 1984 by current MD
- Started in 750 square foot unit
- Moved to 3,000 feet unit in 1986
- Added further 3,000 square feet in 1991
- Accredited to ISO9002 in 1995
- Expanded to 25,000 square feet in 1997 at request of Land Rover (on three sites)
- First robot in 1998
- Joined the WH Smith Holdings Group in 2002
- Consolidated all facilities under one roof at the end of 2004
- Accredited to ISO/TS16949:2002 in 2006
- Opened a further 12,500 sq ft facility in April 2007, giving a total 37,500 square feet
- Opened the new 28,000 sq ft, second facility in 2012